Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The price of treats

I have to tell a funny story about myself. While shopping in one of Knoxville's large pet food/treat/toy stores last week, I found myself searching the treat aisles.
A store clerk asked if I needed help.  I explained that my dog, Seeker, had inflammatory bowel disease and there seemed no treats he could eat. The clerk quickly brought me to a product that was 100% cheese.  He stated that his dogs loved them.  I looked at the price, $5.95.  Well, that was quite high for the small box of treats, but I thought heck, it's the holidays.  Well, the dogs loved them, and when I looked at the receipt, I realized that I paid $15.95 for less than a pound of cheese.  They are very good; we are all eating them.

http://www.petfoodindustry.com/45516.html  The Nylabone people have come out with a line of grain free dog treats. We've always thought of those as the nylon chew toys, but now healthy treats are available.  If anyone tries them, let us know how they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment